The Parents & Friends Committee is the platform by which College parents, friends and staff volunteer in a broad range of endeavours to enrich the learning opportunities and experiences for our students. The volunteer work of parents and friends is vital to our mission and helps make Suncoast a wonderful community for everyone.
The purpose of 快手黄版软件直播 Parents & Friends (P&F) Committee
- To foster a sense of true community of parents, teachers, and students which reflects a truly Christian ethos;
- To support the mission of the College through volunteerism to add value to, and make possible, a wide variety of activities;
- To make it easy for parents and friends to volunteer and contribute towards endeavours linked to their children and where engagement is natural;
- To assist with the planning and accomplishment of a variety of functions associated with the social, sporting, cultural and educational life of the College community.
Opportunities for Involvement
- Class Parent Representatives
- Suncoast Football Club
- Suncoast Netball Club
- Suncoast events such as Arts on Twilight & Colour Fun Run
- Come Read With Me and writing programs
- Arts Programs
- Fundraising endeavours
- College Caf茅
- Community Garden
- Admin / Library / Uniform Shop
- Mission Trips & Excursions
About Parent Reps
Class Parent Representatives are a key element of the Parents & Friends (P&F) Committee and operate under the College鈥檚 Valued Volunteers Program.
快手黄版软件直播 Parent Representatives form the committee members of the Parents and Friends Committee and is administered by the P&F appointed Parent Representative Coordinator, who acts as P&F President, and assisted by the College Community Liaison Officer.
The aims of Parent Rep are to enhance the sense of community within the College by working together to keep parents informed, and to encourage their involvement in their child鈥檚 class activities and the wider College community. It achieves this by:
- Working together to help keep parents informed of classroom activities
- Encourage parents to be involved in their child鈥檚 classroom activities
- Encourage parents to be involved in the wider College community
Parent Rep involvement falls within four broad categories:
1. SUPPORTING THE TEACHER as required
2. BUILDING COMMUNITY amongst families
3. SUPPORTING COLLEGE events
4. SUPPORTING PARENTS & FRIENDS NETWORK initiatives
The support that the Parent Reps provide to each classroom is vital in building a healthy College community as they become an essential link between College and home.
How to be involved
Opportunities to volunteer in College endeavours are promoted through eNews, parent social media pages, sports clubs and other College communications. Sometimes the P&F will recruit volunteers for a single event or an activity that runs for a fixed time. This will often happen through the Parent Rep network.
P&F AGM Nominations
Please submit your nominations for the following positions on the Parents & Friends Committee.
- Parent Representative Coordinator who shall serve as the P&F President
- Class Parent Representatives who shall serve as the Vice President and Committee Members
- General Committee Members – Any parent who wishes to volunteer as a Committee Member
The roles of Secretary and Treasurer will be fulfilled by the College Community Liaison Officer on behalf of the Committee.
Please complete the Nomination Form below for the P&F AGM by 3:00pm on Friday 16 February 2024
For more information about our Parents & Friends Association please contact our Community Liaison Officer on 5451 3600 or by email.
Parents & Friends Gallery